Sunday, March 29, 2009

Two Tales from the Kitchen

Being in a home-setting has allowed me to be around one of my favorite 'home' areas -- the kitchen. Since the year began, I have not gotten to enjoy much kitchen time due to the fact that my kitchen on W4th always seemed to involve smoke when the stove was lit. So this weekend has been a real treat.

Today, as Eline and I made "nachos" for movie time, we laughed as we realized that this was truly an International experience. There was a Dutch girl and an American girl in a Spanish kitchen making Mexican food and bopping to Arabian music.

Tonight, after Miguel went to sleep, Eline asked me if I wanted a mojito. Sure, why not? It was 12:30AM in Spain and we had nothing early to do tomorrow. So I asked if she needed help. She looked at me and said, "well, I was hoping you knew how to make them". Well, not really, but being the daughter of a home economics teacher and being a connosieur of mojitos, I thought I could come up with something. I mean we had a lemon tree and a mint plant in the back yard all we had to do was muddle. And we did... and it was FABULOUS. Miguel doesn't know what he is missing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Here's the friend's friend speaking! Wow, am I missing out or what!?! Hahaha I love reading about you spending time and having fun with Eline,Paige! Glad you guys got in touch with each other!! I follow your adventures as often as I can (you are a seriously good author!!) and think you are so brave of fulfilling your dream and travel troughout Europe! Any chance you might take a D-tour and swing by Holland (again)? ;-) Take good care of yourself... Lots of love, Daphne&co

    ReplyDelete