Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chin Chin!

One word I have picked up in Spain is “chin-chin”, so instead of saying “cheers” before inbibing, you say chin-chin and then drink up. And on Friday night I think I said this a bazillion times...if the way I felt on Saturday was any indication. But Friday was fun nonetheless.

After meeting at his hotel, Patrick and I made our way to the restaurant – which quite by accident was a stone’s throw away (lucky pick).The night was amazing, almost 65 degrees and perfect for dining al fresco… or at least having a few drinks outside before dining in. We found a lovely terrace that served tapas and sangria, and partook of both. So much fun.

Next we went to Tres Toreros for dinner – mas tapas and sangria. It was all so yummy, but honestly, after my trek to Montjuic I could have eaten sand-paper and thought it was amazing…I was THAT hungry.

After this, we were waiting on Patrick’s brother who is studying in Barcelona, and found a nice little mojito spot to hang out. Very fun place… chin chin!
(Even the bartender was having fun...)

When the “kids” arrived we went with them to La Oveja Negra (the black sheep), which was straight out of my college days visiting Helen, GA. German Beer Hall!
The kids got a bit rowdy, and I got a bit drunk. The details of the night were a bit fuzzy. I remember trying to call my friend Alex, to ask him a very important question - -but aren’t all questions very important after a pitcher of sangria and a few mojitos? Chin-chin!

No comments:

Post a Comment