Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Tale of Two Brothers or Marriage vs. The Single Life

I was only a Psych major for two semesters, so I am hardly qualified to report on a single situation I had the chance to witness today. But in my afternoon with the two brothers - Juan and Miguel -- here is what I noticed/observed.

Juan -- the eldest, was not married, had no children, or any lady prospects (who knows, maybe that's why they invited me to lunch!). He had thining hair, and an odd smile. He was quieter, and sat in the passenger seat while Miguel drove. He talked little, but was very much apart of things. He ate quickly, devoured his food and did not make eye contact while eating. In some ways, he remind me of my Uncle Ronnie.

Miguel -- the younger, was married with two children. He had a jovial smile and interesting eyes. He talked a lot, kept doing some hand signal that meant (muy), and laughed. He ate slowly, offered parts of his meal to others, and poured wine when necessary. He drove the van they shared and was in control. He was practically bald, but not grey.

There are a few conclusions I could make from this quick study:

1) Marriage makes men lose their hair.

2) Staying single makes hair go gray. (or maybe that's what happens when you don't have a wife who makes you color it)

3)Marriage makes men happy and more assertive, plus much more lively dining companions.

4) I should stick to blogging and quit trying to analyze such things, because its obvious I have no basis for any of these conclusions. Except number 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment