Sunday, March 29, 2009

Synchronicity

As I travel about, it seems more and more all I have to do is think of something and I suddenly have answer. And if I don't have an answer, someone in a soon-to-be conversation is wanting to discuss whatever it is I am thinking about. I have always believed this is the way the world worked, and out here on my own I am feeling much more in sync with the universe. Here are a few easy examples...

1) When I arrived in Granada, I was really wanting to see a Flamenco show. When I checked into my tiny little room (the cutest thing ever!) they tell me about a Flamenco show that night, and a bus will pick me up and drop me off. Sounded a bit of a tourist trap but hey, if I could see Flamenco and meet new people, why not?

2) When I joined said Flamenco group, we took a bus to a restaurant "in a cave" in the far reaches of Granada. I sat a table with a German couple, and really wanted Paella -- but as you know, paella is usually prepared for 2 and when traveling alone you often don't have that "plus one". BUT Peter of the German couple leans over and says "We are having Paella, and would love to order for 3". Why not?

3) Then as the show begins, and my thoughts turn inward, I started thinking about a concert a friend and I always go to on in Cape Cod and tickets had just gone on sale. Peter (again) leans over (as it has already been established that I am from NYC and he spent time in Cuba, NY) and asks if I had ever been to Cape Cod. (seriously?... I was just thinking of Cape Cod myself!) He asks because he said they had "the best mini-lobsters"... (I think he meant crawfish).

4) Today as I wandered through the Alhambre, I found myself wishing I were meeting more girlfriends on my trip. Everyone I meet is a guy... every contact point is a guy... dadadaaad... Don't get me wrong, I like guys, but I am not one and I would like to hang out with my own sex from time to time... I even put off calling a contact in Granada as I wanted girltime. What happened today? Low and behold, when seeking a spot to watch the sunset on the Alhambre (as recommended by Bill Clinton) I meet two girls who work in advertising, and ONE IS FROM NYC! (Girls just wanna have fun... that's all they really want...) YEAH! So thrilled to make a new girl friend... and tomorrow I meet up with Eline in Cadiz. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment