Sunday, March 15, 2009

Houdini in Love

I didn’t elaborate on my palm reading with Senor Garcia earlier, but I will touch on a few bits now as he was surprisingly fairly accurate. Aside from telling me I am complicated (really?) and have too much energy (me? No!) and men are afraid of me (this is a stretch but we’ll go with it) he basically said that when it comes to love and relationships I am a modern day Houdini. Without realizing it I have a habit of letting people put me into a tiny box, and then when they least expect it I show them how quickly I can get myself out of the box…just like Houdini.

Ouch. The last bit stung a bit.


Obviously, this is a pattern I must break.

According to Jose this is my relationship pattern. What does he know? (okay, maybe he is onto something...) His 'prescription' for me is to spend more time with people who are as strong as me, and don’t need to control me, and are not afraid of me being myself.

So how does that happen? Can you imagine the personal ad?

'Modern-day-Houdini (but female) seeks hot, handsome partner-in-crime to do just about everything with EXCEPT tie her up and put in a box. You will be sorry."

Yeah, right! Senor Garcia may know a thing or two about Reiki, but a thing or two about me? Come on, he just met me.

No comments:

Post a Comment