Thursday, March 19, 2009

Scent of a Man

My sense of smell is in overdrive these days. I can walk into a hotel room and tell if it was EVER smoked in. I can tell what kind of wine was used in a glass of sangria. I can tell if a dress I want to wear can go another day before adding it to the 'need to wash' pile. And I can smell a fresh fruit stand four blocks away. I think its just Mother Nature's way of ensuring safe and fresh smelling travels!

Anyway, the two smells that I have been digging since I entered Europe are:

1) The tiny, tiny yellow flowers that grow in small bunches and are in every park I enter (something similar to honeysuckle)

2) A specific type of man's cologne, not that I know the name, but its heavenly. It must be universal and very popular, as a guy I dated earlier this year in the States was a frequent wearer and I just loved it.

Anyway, in my less than 24 hours in Bilbao, these two scents were EVERYWHERE. Probably the only thing the city had going for it unrelated to the Guggenheim.

No comments:

Post a Comment