Friday, March 20, 2009

More Madness from Madrid

Today was an awesome day. It always seems that Fridays are the best with lots of communication and a twist of fate/destiny whichever you believe in.

I will elaborate more on today's activities later, but sticking with the "Madness" theme here is an interesting story.

After getting a ticket for Sunday's bull-fight, (Hey, sorry animal lovers, its a national past-time and I wasn't thinking about it like that... but since I have a ticket...please forgive?) I had a bit of a walk and decided to put in some calls to those I owed calls too.

One being Mr. Reiki from Barcelona. I had hoped to send an email with a quick note 'thanks for curing my asthma' but given that his card had either been tossed or lost, I could not do that. I still had his phone number so that was the option I was left with. I know some would say why bother? But I like to feel I was raised right and when someone does something nice for you, you always say thank you. Regardless how simple. So I could not let this go.

So one ring and I have Reiki on the phone, "My dear, I have missed you! I was going to call you, I want you to join me on Canary Reef..." Whatever, my point was to simply thank him and be off. No such luck.

In telling him why I had not called earlier I mention the word "Madrid". "YOU ARE IN MADRID??!!! My dear, it is our destiny, you will never believe it but I AM IN MADRID! You must let me take you out tonight and show you the town. We will have fabulous fun!" (this guy talks like he is gay... or just Spanish, in English)

First off, this guy is NOT my destiny... my destined tour guide maybe.

Secondly, I have plans tonight.

No deterring this Spaniard, Saturday was better for him anyway, so we are going "out on the town to have FABULOUS FUN!" Definitely look for bouts of hilarity stemming from tomorrow night. I am set for a riot. Not to mention, I would like a night out in Madrid that doesn't involve muscle shirts and Mad Hatters breaking it down to Brittany Spears.

But for now I best get going. I have to find some plaza to meet Frenchie for a drink... or maybe its dinner. They eat so late here!

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment