Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sun Day, Fun Day

I cannot tell you how excited I was about Saturday. I was determined to be on vacay and not do ANY site-seeing, minus what I could see from London Joe’s rooftop at his BBQ that afternoon.

Awaking with a bit foggy head after a fun Friday, I put on my beach gear and headed to Barcenoleta for a day in the sun. After all the activity on Friday my legs were killing me, and I needed to adopt another mode of transport as I was not going anywhere too quickly. So, I found a bike shop and rented a ruby red beach cruiser and took to the beach on two wheels. The ride was absolutely amazing, the view stunning, MINUS the old Spaniards bearing ALL on the beaches. (yes, they sunbathe in the nude in Spain)

I had the best time!



After a few hours of riding, I found a cafĂ© for an afternoon drink and reading before heading to Joe’s barbeque.

(Here was my view)

Half-way through a glass of wine, Pierre called, saying the BBQ had started, and to come join. I quickly was on my way.

Joe’s terrace was amazing. Nearly everyone there was from London so conversation was not a problem. We had the most enjoyable time drinking wine and spying on the beach. I don’t think you could have a better day.

(view from Joe's)








(View of Joe)





(Boys Barbequing)

(Trip to the sea while we wait on the barbeque)

(Pierre and me)

No comments:

Post a Comment