Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Meet Jose

Jose is my friend from Barcelona. Mr. Reiki I have called him. He spotted me on Las Ramblas my second day in the city, and was convinced that we would play a role in each others lives for days and years to come. I think he may be right, although that was not how I initially saw this going.

He gave up his corporate job to become a Reiki therapist, and moved to the Canary Islands to be close to volcanoes and paradise. I have always admired people who step out on their own to do what they love. And from conversations with Jose, I am rediscovering what I can offer the world that doesn't hang out under a corporate umbrella.
This guy is OVER THE TOP in his mannerism, but also very serious about his work... a nice junxtaposition that I can be friends with.

He was born on the 2nd (of April) as well, and I tend to be friends with many people who have "2" as a starting date.

After an evening out in Madrid -- how we ended up in the same city again is BEYOND me, we are both nomadding our way around Spain -- I left the night with an invitation to visit the Canary's (islands) anytime I liked and with the promise that I would always have a friend in the world. I promised to help him bring his business to NYC through my contacts in Human Resources. Sounds like a trade-off to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment