Monday, March 9, 2009

Some Things Never Change

My friend Sarah kicked off her playlist dedicated to my European adventures, with "I Feel Just Like a Child". Great music, and the entire mix is simply the best...perfect for my mood right now. (We are now onto Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac).

As I listened to the first song on the CD, I had to laugh as I looked down at my "toy bag" ready to keep me occupied on the flight. I thought of the toy bags my mom would always put together for my sister and I in the backseat on the way to visit my grandparents in North Carolina. Granted the 'toys' of today consist of a laptop, ipod, travel guides, books, journal and camera vs. the toys of yesterday (search-a-words, crayons, lipsmacker lip gloss, and logic puzzles).

I am sure its with the same sentiment I packed this additional bag this morning. "I don't like to be bored," I can hear my young self say... and truly, somethings never change as I thought as much as I threw in an extra novel. I mean what if I can't fall asleep on the plane? What will keep my mind occupied?

My mind has always been the restless sort. Thinking 12,000 things at once, planning up a storm, seeing all potential outcomes and quickly deciding what is best... Thinking, thinking, thinking.... Never resting. So in the next three months, I would be okay if some of this restlessness subsided for a bit...and definitely by the end of the year. I can only be a nomad for so long... But for now, that is my soul's purpose...soduko or no soduko.

And in one hour, I will be on my way to my next port-of-call...toys in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment