Monday, June 15, 2009

Gaming It

To get Saber's mind off of Joseph, I remind him of the Bilbao vs. Barce match we had planned to see that evening. It was clear Saber's mind was still on his disrespectful neighbor, as he led us to the exact same bar we had been in for lunch that day. (Earlier we had made a pact to always eat somewhere different and try new things.)

I had never seen Saber so testy so I wasn't going to tell him of this, and instead grabbed a seat at the bar to watch the match.

By half-time, Saber has wound down enough to order, and the drama with Joseph remained off the table for the rest of the night.

Bilbao lost, which wasn't the hoped for outcome. (Poor Saber, not his night was it?)

So since he wasn't winning at his games, I suggested we play darts at the pub around the corner from him.

I love bar games. Photohunt was my all-time favorite, but something told me that playing a game where you look at men in underwear was not going to go over so well right now. Darts seemed a safer option.

When we got to the bar, we were the only ones playing, which was good as Saber had never played before so I had to explain the rules.

This was for sure one of those nights where I was determined to lose. I don't think getting beaten by a girl tonight would go over so well right now.

We played for two hours, and some of his friends joined us at one point.

We had a fun night, but I could tell Saber wasn't 100% over the drama with Joseph. It bothered me because I didn't really know what to do about it. But really, there was nothing I could do. This one was between the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment