Friday, June 12, 2009

Sevillian for one more day

The next morning, I am up when the alarm clock goes off I am ready for a final fun in Parque de Maria Luisa. Saber has to work, but with careful instructions I think I can find the park on my own.

Yeah, well this did not happen as planned. I saw parts of Sevilla I had never seen before, like the gigantic soccer arena, but I never saw the park. I found my way back to el Barrio (barely) and into Saber's shop to get the keys. I shower and head to Jonata's for a coffee and to write.

I found a table in the sun, and smiled at the loveliness of this place. I have said it a million times, but there is something so soothing to me about Sevilla. I am constantly on cloud 9 here. Happy. Calm. Light. Un-stressed.

As I write, I glance up at one point and see Saber spying on me from the corner. I laughed internally as for being such a bad ass on his motorcyle, and crazy hair and bomber jacket, and his cigarettes and tough talk, he really is such a sweetheart.

An hour I glance up and he is headed my way, wanting my phone. Without hesitation, I offer up the battery-less blackberry. He and Antonio, the neighboring shop keeper, have an idea. While Saber deals with my blackberry issue, I catch up on my writing. When Saber comes back with bad news -- no telefonica store in Sevilla has this battery -- he follows it up with good -- we can buy a cheap phone and put in the sim card. Oh, Sabercito, always full of great ideas.

We wouldn't be able to get the battery until later in the day, but that was fine. I had a whole day to be Sevillian, and I wanted to savor every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment