Friday, June 12, 2009

Synchronicity

On Tuesday, I got up early for a long run and when I returned, Eline was ready to go have coffee. We decided to go to a proper coffee spot vs. making it at home for my last morning in Rota.

We found a spot in town, and had our coffees. We were in scheming mode on how to get me back to Andalucia by year's end. She had some ideas, we just had to see which panned out. I know one will, as I know I am supposed to spend more time in this part of the world. And if one of those don't, something else will.

Our other mission in town was to ship a box weighing a ton back to the states. I had clothes, and manzanilla, and the world's best cheese that I just could not bear to lug all over Italy and Greece. So it was heading back by sea. We hadn't bought boxes at Correos that morning and were wanting to find additional packing materials, but no shop in town seemed to sell them. Upon entering a souvenir shop to buy my flag of Andalucia, the shopkeeper is emptying out a box full of packing peanuts. We ask if we can have them and she said of course... what a terrific way to recyle!

This turned into quite a process as the four of us empty out this gigantic box. But we got 4 huge bags of peanuts...woo-hoo! My stuff would surely be safe on the way to the States!

No comments:

Post a Comment