Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back to My Citrus-Scented Life

Getting from the airport to Barrio de Santa Cruz, was one of the easiest connections of my trip. The world seemed a bit calmer now. I felt settled. I felt at peace. I felt like me. Despite little sleep the night before, I was mentally alert yet very relaxed. My mind wasn't zooming in 5,089 directions as its normal state. It was an easy state of existence for me this afternoon.

At Saber's, I stored my bag beside the cupboard again. I washed my face to remove any last traces of Italian stress. And then we headed to find a bite to eat, choosing Cafe Giralda where I had eaten about 5 times in my days in Sevilla. It was one of my favorites, and Saber and I had enjoyed lunch here less than a week ago. Funny, how such little time had past, and yet I felt as if I had lived in a lifetime in the time I was away.

We ate at the bar, standing up. I told him about Italy, and the frustration I felt there. The awfulness of Naples, and the struggle to call him the night before. He laughed, and then looked at me seriously, and said, "You are one of the strongest women I know. There is no need to try and be Superman." I swear, for English to be his 4th language, he hits the nail right on the head everytime. Something about the concise messaging of his words have a way of saying, "its okay, Paige. Relax."

Back at his place, he gave me simple orders that were meant to be followed. Sleep. Shower. And then call him. I was in no mood to argue. My Italian travels had more than worn me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment