Friday, June 12, 2009

ROBBED!

Okay, Italy has dealt me the final straw. In trying to get a t-shirt for my step-cousin at Hard Rock Café (yes, I know, tourist central!) my blackberry was picked from my purse.

I made this realization after a long stroll from Hard Rock to Campo i Fiori, while sitting at a café called Magnolia. FORTUNATELY, the owner (Maj) happened to be sitting at the table beside me and when seeing a frantic American pulling everything out of her bag and piling on top of my salad (odd sight, right?), came to the rescue – well as best as he could.

He tried calling my phone, but to no avail. He let me use his computer to get in touch with work. And he introduced me to his friend Morgan who happened to be a fellow American, and the proud owner of two adorable French bulldogs -- Napolean and Juliet.

With my computer broken, blackberry down, etc., I wasn’t really feeling the need to be touristy. So I spent the day with Morgan, buying coffee, taking the dogs for a walk, and hanging out. I saw her apartment, met her roommate, and talked about boys and relationships gone bad all afternoon. Being local in Rome isn't so bad, albeit a local who is totally incommunicado.

No comments:

Post a Comment