Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunset on a Beautiful Day

When I woke, I had to struggle to figure out where I was. I almost thought I was dreaming, but quickly realized I was back at Saber's, and most importantly, back in Sevilla.

I showered and heading out of the apartment I called Saber, who was 10 feet away at Jonata's, and had been for three hours. Jonata was closing his shop, and the plan was to have drinks on the terrace as the sun set.
Saber's friends from Barcelona joined us, as well as Jesus, and Rosia (Jonata's wife). Saber even invited Joseph as friendly gesture, and we were all surprised when he showed up!



When Nacho arrived on his motorbike, I leaned over the edge of the roof, "Hola, Nacho!" His only response was "Que pasa?"He should have known I would be back.

Around 10PM, the neighbors start closing their windows at the noise from our party, so we moved the party to a courtyard by the Alcazar.

I love how you can just drink in the streets anywhere in Spain. Nothing is offlimits. We were standing outside of one of Sevilla's most well-known attractions and no fuss was being made to chase us away. A policeman walked by and waved, 'Buenas Noches' and went on. I

At midnight, we finally made a move towards dinner, which involved taking the motorbike to a pizza place in another neighborhood. Saber's friend ran a trendy little pie shop, and honestly it was some of the best pizza of my life -- I would dare to say better than Joe's!
It was now almost 2AM, and the gang wanted 'one more drink' so we went to a nearby bar until 4AM.


I was exhausted when we got home, and had one of the best sleep's of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment