Friday, June 12, 2009

FERIA FLING!

As the second night of Feria went on, it was quite clear that in our group of fun, fabulous friends, someone had a message for another member of the group. The person with the message was Saber. And the message was for me.

At some point while making photos he gave me gave me a huge hug and simply said, "Guapisima, I like you". Well, it wasn't that simple. He tried to tell me he loved me, but corrected himself by saying "but you are American so you won't believe me, so I like you. Alot. I like you from the first day." And even as a jaded New Yorker, I knew he was telling the truth. He did like me. And it really was that simple.
The fun and merriment of the evening carried on, and Saber and I were inseperable. Well sort of, I am so used to moving and going solo, but each time I turned around he had his eye on me or was right there, but not in an suffocating way. He was just there... laughing, talking with his friends or with me and Eline. I always felt his prescence, and yet I wasn't running from it.


We attempted to dance, but it was clear neither one of us knew how to Flamenco. So we just laughed, and continued to eat, drink and be merry with the group.(Saber, this is not the Flamenco...)

When it came time to leave Feria, Saber wanted to take me for a ride on his motorcyle. Miguel told him to have me back at the gate in an hour or I would miss my ride home. Never one to trust men/boys/guys completely I wondered how Sabercito was going to handle this task. Just like the rest of the days I would spend with him, he didn't let me down.

At the end of the day, of that fun-filled Feria, my favorite memory of all was finding someone new to laugh with, finding someone I could trust, and finding someone who liked me for me and I could simply like him for him, without all the complications and drama that I knew from romance in the city.

Life in Sevilla is so genuine and simple. I feel like all I did at Feria was laugh. Infact, I feel like all I do in Sevilla is laugh. Life is just so light here. Its continually like living in WillyWonka's bubble room, where you feel lighter in air, and can do anything...I could so get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment