Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hanging with the Locals

My first day back in Sevilla, I awoke with the alarm and went for a long run in the park. This time I did not get lost. I met Saber at his shop after my shower, and had a coffee with him. The weather wasn't so sunny, but it wasn't raining either. Because my computer was down for the count, I spent the first part of the day writing in my journal and then returned to the shop at 3PM to go have lunch.

I had called Eline earlier to figure out our plan for meeting up. I wasn't sure I would stay with Saber all week. I wasn't really sure what my plan was, in fact. I figured I would figure it out when I did, and wouldn't worry too much about it until then.

Saber and I went to lunch with his friend Azil, who was quite a character. He was also from Morocco (Tangiers), and wanted to practice his English, which worked out well since I was clueless in Arabic.

Azil was quite the entertainer. He wanted to share the details of his new relationship. A brand spanking new one-month old relationship. He had met the family the night before. His girlfriends father had given him a horse (interesting) and his girlfriend had let him move in with her and her 4 -year old! He was quite proud that in one-month he had gotten a girlfriend, a new apartment, a horse, and a kid. Silly me, I thought the last part took at least 9 months to come about.

From lunch we found a bar, where Nacho was going to meet us. The bartender was Napolese, and could do little to convince me that Napoli was not the most awful place. We stayed here for a bit, and then I needed to take my computer to the shop. I left and wondered my way home, only to get a call from Saber in 10 minutes, saying he thought it best if he went with me and to meet him outside the store.

He sorted it out with the sales guy, and left his number for us to be called when it was time to pick it up. We returned to his shop, got beers, and hung out... Azil still in tow. They wanted to listen to American music, and Azil wanted to dance. Check him out. Is he cool, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment