Friday, June 12, 2009

Its so hard to say goodbye...

After mailing my stuff and picking up a few things at the grocery, we head home to pick Miguel up for lunch. They had a fancy seafood place picked out for my final meal in Rota, and I was excited. I let them do the ordering, and I just was the purveyor of such fine treats. Like with any meal with this duo, vino was plentiful. Two bottles later, and on full tummys, we finish up and head home. I have 50 minutes to shower, pack and get ready for my hot 'date' with Saber!

It always seems I plan my goodbyes like this. Rushing around like a chicken with my head cut off, so I don't actually have to say goodbye. Something about looking someone in the eye, and hugging them for what might (but probably won't) be the last time, and saying goodbye... well, I just don't do it -- well. I get this trait from my mom, as she cries everytime I leave and she is one of the strongest people I know.

So anyway, as we get home my blackberry and computer have arrived so there is more rushing around. Eline is ironing my pants. Miguel is making sure Saber understands that he can't pick me up on his motorbike as I have not mastered traveling lightly, and that we must get a blackberry battery for my phone (work sent me one without one... go figure!).Rush, rush, rush... Into the car, pull into the bus station, quick kisses... and I go. I can't think about leaving them or I will cry. You really don't find better people in the world, and the fact that they were so eager to share their life with me... well, I will always be indebted to them for their hospitality and friendship. But people like Eline and Miguel, I don't mind owing. For that is a debt I will want to repay 1,000 times over.

No comments:

Post a Comment