Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Venturing to Verona

From Venice, I was headed to Verona. The iteniary made sense and was recommended by my guidebook. I knew little of what to see in Verona besides the Romeo & Juliet house, but I figured there was something more or else why would it he listed in the guidebook?

Checking into my hotel was quite a chore. Hospitality in Italy was not the best as I had learned previously, and Verona was no improvement. The hotel I had chosen was right by the old gate to the city and near the arena. That was the sole reason I had chosen it, and I am sure the reason many people selected it. However, the reception desk thought I would be happy in a room 500 meters away on some back alley where I had to be driven in a golf cart. Nope. Sorry people, you better get this figured out snappy!

Complaining got me the response I wanted, and while my room was not ready, I could have lunch and see the sites and then get to my room.

I had a quick salad and then high-tailed it to the city center to take in the town and go meet Juliet. The darkening sky told me my time was limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment