Friday, May 15, 2009

A Day in the Life

When I woke up the next day, I went for a long run to drain some of the alcohol from my system. How the Spanish drink the way they do is BEYOND me.

After a run along the river, I showered quickly and went in search of a “wi-fi” spot. (pronounced wee-fee) I simply had to get online. I had several things I owed the office, bills that had to be paid, photos to upload, blogs to write, etc. etc. Eline and Miguel were down for the count, and would call me later. I spent about 5 hours working on things and could have easily done more. Which got me thinking – probably a little too far down a path I shouldn’t wander as the prospect is simply delicious!

My little day dream is something like this…

What if, I took a year, moved to Sevilla to learn Spanish and focus on my writing. Nacho can hook me up with an apartment which is about 1/3 of what I pay in NYC, and 4 times the size. The cost of living is extremely low. I don’t need a car, and can get a bike like I always wanted. If I did this, my days would be almost like today, except I wouldn't have to sleep on someone's couch! I would get up and have a long run, followed by several hours of work with Spanish class mixed in, and then dinner and maybe meeting up with friends.

It had only been two days, but I simply love Sevilla. I love the way I feel when I am there. The people are lovely. The city truly beautiful and vibrant. Its relaxed and easy. And for me personal, I am just a bundle of thoughts and positive vibes every waking moment. When I am there I feel like I am just radiating sunshine. My smile is huge, my outlook lite, my laugh constant… I just love it.

Obviously, more thought needs to be put into this. But each thought has possibilities. As I travel around I am sure more thoughts will generate about life after my wanderings in southern Europe. And just like my job in advertising, its all about throwing all ideas on a wall and see which have staying power.

No comments:

Post a Comment