Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ladies Who Lunch

For my final day before I left for Italy, Eline and I returned to Sevilla to secure my dress for Feria. We got up early and took the bus to the city in time to make a 1PM appt with the shop owner.

When we arrived, she had my dress ready for me to put on for alterations. When I slipped into it I was shocked. I must have gained 10 lbs in the past week as the dress that had been loose fitting, was now snugly fit around my body. Dear God. I was a little upset as I was afraid with my travels to Italy when I returned the dress might be too small!

When I voiced my concern to Eline and then she translated to the shop owner, I was put at ease. They had already taken it up…I guess they knew too that this was my dress!

After our fitting, we found lunch by the river and had a proper meal where we SAT DOWN. We planned our Feria and day dreamed about living in an apartment overlooking the river. If that were possible, I would be here in a heartbeat.

We did more shopping after lunch and then Eline had to take her bus back to Rota. I found my hotel for the night and then set out to do some writing.

I loved my days in Spain, and knew there would be many more happy memories made in this lovely place. But for now I had Italy to look forward to, and that was a much awaited adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment