Thursday, May 14, 2009

Meet Eline


I had forgotten to introduce the new faces that popped up in my life when I got to Sevilla. My connection to this place, was Eline. A friend of a friend that I had worked with at Disney, Daphne, who is from Holland.

Two years ago I met Eline when she and Daphne visited New York. Eline was in the middle of divorcing her husband of 10 years and our interaction was not at length. My boyfriend at the time was not high on her list of most admirable people, nor on Daphne's, so their time with us with minimal. Such said boyfriend, was convinced they were lesbians and I am sure that these intuitive females picked up on said vibe.

Anyway, when I sent out a note saying I was headed to Europe Daphne passed the note to Eline, and I get an email that said, "Hello from Spain!". Being in advertising, I immediately thought some e-marketer knows way too much about my life and it took me a week to read it. Dear Paige, you should be so doubtful! Eline was inviting me to spend a few days with her in the town of Rota, where she and Miguel live.

When I first set out to Barcelona I thought I would try and meet up with her...Little did I know that I would meet one of the dearest people of my life. Seriously, instant BFFs...just add Spain!

Eline moved to Spain for her beau Miguel after meeting online in quite a random way. Its funny how life works out.

Eline and I bonded over similar stories of relationships gone bad, our love of Gossip Girl and Rioja, and a general passion for finding happiness in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment