Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ciao, Bella!


After a much needed bath, we began cooking lesson #2, which flowed in similar format as our lunch lesson that day. The one difference was that since no one was driving anywhere afterwards, Pascal poured wine before we even entered the kitchen. We drank wine for the entire hour we prepared our meal, and started on a bottle of Lambrusco which we finished as well before we entered the dining room.


Our beverage consumption continued like this throughout our meal, and finished with a bottle of champagne and Italian liquor. Italian dining is so much fun... but now we had to deal with suitcases and such in a loopy state. Fun times for sure!

After getting a restless 5 hours of sleep, Sandra and I woke early (4AM) to get on the road to Roma for her 9AM flight. This is friendship I tell you!

We had had the best weekend, ate entirely too much, and made splendid memories. I could not ask for a better friend to spend part of my journey with. I was sad she was leaving, but at the same time I had to get back to my journey…I only had one month left.

No comments:

Post a Comment