Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Of Beaches & Barbeques

Waking up on Saturday morning to blue skies was such a treat, as our whole day had been planned for outdoors.

When we were all awake, we went to the grocery to get items for a bbq, and as soon as we came home Miguel and Nacho fired up the grill. Eline and I prepared salads. Nacho made fun of my music…again.

We had such a lovely afternoon grilling, chilling and just being. I love how such little is expected of me here. All that is asked is that I come to the party as myself with no strings attached. It seems simple, but so often in my previous life I always felt the need to play multiple roles or take on characteristics that were not me, or that I wanted nothing to do with.

Its sad the roles that we force on ourselves. While we can blame it on society or the people around us, no one makes us do this. Only ourselves. We truly can make our lives a living hell.
But fortunately for me, my day and my travels have been heavenly. I needed nothing more to this day than a glass of rioja and sunset on the beach. And once again, Spain did not let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment