Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Stephanie!


My second dining experience in Venice was better. Much better. I had picked out a restaurant that morning, and when I arrived I was delighted to find a line of Italian speakers. Good news for me! I did not mind waiting if I could have a more authentic experience than last night.

When I was seated (table for one) a lovely German couple sat beside me. The woman, Stephanie, asked if the book I was reading (Hemingway) was any good, and our conversation took off from there. We shared dinner and wine, which were both delicious, and then we shared a desert for her birthday. We shared stories, and travel experiences.

Definitely an improvement over last night.

Minus the fact that when walking to my hotel some idiot named Bruno (can we get more Italian?) thought I should make out with him just because he happened to introduce himself ...Seriously? Italians are so cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment