Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Celebrations!


Part of the reason we wanted to dine just the two of us, was this weekend we were celebrating several things. Things that are shared with friends, and not things you really want an almost stranger sitting in on.
Sandra was turning 29 the next day, and while that is not necessarily a totally private affair, we had a lot to catch up on as to what may happen in her 29th year. Sandra always wanted to own property by the time she was 30. She had also just moved in with her long-time boyfriend, Mike. Since Romeo had been tagging along with EVERYTHING, we had yet to catch up on all these things.

The other thing we were celebrating is that today was 4/19 and I was still single. The day before had been my proposed wedding day, but fortunately I had seen the light at the beginning of the year and any plans that had been made for such an affair were immediately cancelled. (Did you know you can cancel a wedding in 10 minutes? Easy as pie!)

I did not know how I would feel when 4/18 rolled around. I did not know if I would be remorseful that the day was not happening as originally planned. Since I had ended my relationship I had not missed my ex… not once. That fact alone made me a bit sad, as after three years you would like to think there was an ounce of regret. But no. Not for me. Not today. And the way things had gone so far, probably not ever.


But enough about me, with such little thought or feeling for my ex, there was nothing to discuss related to him, so the evening could be all about Sandra... and Pascal and Carlos made sure it was such.

After an elaborate, multi-course meal, the restaurant is silent. And then came the clapping, and banging of dishes, and Italian Happy Birthday sung by Carlos the Angel (see photo). This was totally up Sandra's alley... Happy Birthday, amica!

No comments:

Post a Comment