Friday, May 15, 2009

How Much is the Doggie in the Window?


When I returned to Sevilla, and Antonio gathered me from the airport, he said my suitcase reminded him of Lola Flores, a famous Flamenco dancer from Sevilla. She used to travel around with these huge trunks with all of her dresses. I argued that I was traveling for two months and I was not carrying a ton (it’s only a large duffle), plus I did not own a Flamenco dress.

I think Antonio is psychic.

On day 3 of being back in Sevilla, Eline and Miguel and I were planning to see the Basilica and meet up with the boys at Saber’s Morrocan shop. Eline had errands to run for Feria. I needed shoes for Thursday’s Semana Santa festivities. We agreed to meet for a coffee at 11:30 to regroup and head to the church.

Eline was delayed at the dress shop, and I had finished my errands, so instead of an 11:30 coffee break I met her and Miguel at the shop. Oh, how the stars were aligning!
In the window of the shop is simply the most amazing dress I have ever seen. It was black lace and super-elegant. It was love at first sight, and I had to at least try it on.

With Miguel acting as translator, I asked to try it on. Sure enough with a few minor adjustments it would fit perfectly. Add a flower behind the ear, and ta-da… LOLITTA FLORES!

It was truly perfect. I had never had the experience of seeing something in a window and knowing I was meant to have it. But this was truly my dress. If I was ever meant to wear a long, gorgeous gown in 2009… this was truly it. And if I was to buy and wear such dress, guess who is coming back to Sevilla for Feria?

No comments:

Post a Comment