Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Seeing Siena... in the RAIN!


Since being in Italy there is one more thing that I had to deal with… rain! Every day was a shower or a flood, or some other downpour that involved the use of an umbrella. Ugh. I was not happy about this.

What made it more difficult is that if I had an umbrella, you can guarantee that every other American tourist ALSO had an umbrella. Traveling became much more difficult for sure.

Despite the rain, I was able to get in and out in Siena. It was a larger version of the small Tuscan towns we had toured with Romeo. The Duomo was spectacular. The museum had a marvelous exhibit on madness in art (equally as well-curated as those in Venice). The piazza was great for people watching. And I had a lovely slice of pizza for 1 euro. And then I was ready to go…Again, not much to hang around for.

No comments:

Post a Comment